Our marchers make a difference.
The 3rd Annual Women’s March will continue to empower our global community in support of civil rights, disability rights, ending violence, environmental justice, immigrant rights, LGBTQIA rights, reproductive rights, and worker’s rights!
This peaceful demonstration will magnify the work being done by community organizations, and we invite you to join millions in creating another tidal wave that will bring #TruthToPower!
Women's March San Diego would like to express our gratitude to the Kumeyaay people, on whose land we march, for their support.
The 2019 San Diego Women’s March will run from approximately 10am – 1:45pm. 10am Blessing and Performances, 11am Speakers, 12pm WE March! Post march, we invite you to return to Waterfront Park to enjoy music by the Resizters, food trucks, and connect with our community partners.
Nora E. Vargas, March Emcee | Kumeyaay elder Virginia Christman | Senate President pro Tempore Toni G. Atkins | Councilmember Dr. Priya Bhat-Patel | Cedrice, Singer/Songwriter & Spoken Word Artist | Rabbi Laurie Coskey | Assemblywoman Lorena Gonzalez-Fletcher | Melissa Hill | Professor Emeritas Starla Lewis | Councilmember Monica Montgomery | The Resizters, Protest Cover Song Band | Lisa Sanders, Singer/Songwriter | San Diego Women’s Chorus | Wendy Wheatcroft, Mom’s Demand Action | Lindsay White, Singer/Songwriter | Tasha Williamson, Founder of Compassion Project & Building Justice
For more information regarding the 2019 Women’s March San Diego Program, please click here. Please check back often as we add more speakers!
ASL Interpreter, Carla Warnock
LOGISTICS & ROUTE
N. Harbor Drive & Pacific Highway will have limited access to traffic from 8:00 am - 2:00 pm. Lyft/Uber/Chartered Bus Drop-off: Beech St. and Ash St. between Columbia & Front St.
March starts and ends in Waterfront Park.
TRANSPORTATION & PARKING
1. COASTER: The COASTER will be running this year, and in support of the march they have added two additional trains! There will be an extra southbound COASTER leaving Oceanside Transit Center at 9:00 AM (making all stops) which will arrive downtown at approximately 10:10 AM, and a northbound COASTER (making all stops) leaving Santa Fe Depot at 2:15 PM.
2. AMTRAK: Link to timetable for Amtrak Pacific Surfliner.
3. SPRINTER: Passengers on all SPRINTER trains must have the appropriate fare. One-way and round-trip tickets can be purchased at the station ticket vending machines, and day-passes can be purchased ahead of time via the North County Transit District mobile app, Compass Cloud.
4. MTS (Bus & Trolley): Schedules and Real Time updates. MTS Rapid 235 runs high frequency bus service down the I-15 from the Escondido transit center to downtown with minimal stops. MTS will be running extra Trolley service the morning of the event. All three Trolley lines will have service at least every 15 minutes leading up to the event, with extra added service after the march. Marchers are encouraged to use free Park & Ride lots along the Trolley, and save time by getting transit tickets on their phones using the Compass Cloud app. For more info, click here:
5. PARK & RIDE: Park at SDCCU Stadium (formerly Qualcomm) and catch the trolley. MTS has 5,000 free parking spots. Compass Cloud mobile ticketing app is the fastest option to get Trolley passes in advance. Exit at the County Center/Little Italy Station.
6. CHARTER A BUS: Grab a group of friends and charter a bus! email@example.com
7. HOP ON A RALLY BUS: Travel on a high-end bus without hassles of driving, parking or navigating traffic. As long as 30 or more people sign-up for a bus, it will run. Rally Bus organizes buses based on demand, so spread the word and help get those seats filled! $35 round trip.
8. PARK DOWNTOWN: Search for and reserve parking in downtown San Diego.
9. LYFT: 20% off 1 ride. Use code WMSD19. Maximum savings of $5 per ride. (max
HEALTH & SAFETY
Rain or shine, hot or cold...we march! Please check the weather report and please be sure to dress appropriately.
We look forward to another peaceful and safe march this year! Since the inaugural march, WMSD has partnered with SD law enforcement and emergency response in order to address marcher safety. We acknowledge that not all members of our community feel safe among law enforcement, and that is why WMSD has a team of marshals (wearing bright pink vests) who are trained in de-escalation.
GET IN TOUCH
Interested in being a WMSD Community Partner? Women’s March San Diego invites local non-profits and other organizations to join this event with informational booths. All applications will be reviewed and you will be informed via email if your application has been accepted. Click here.
Our sisters, North County San Diego Women In Solidarity are hosting a rally in Oceanside and then joining us to march. Lots to celebrate in North County where women are rising up and reclaiming power! For more information, click here.