On January 20th we will march again, this time for our voices and votes to be heard! We will engage and empower our global community to support women's rights, human rights, access to healthcare, social and environmental justice, safety and economic security. This peaceful demonstration will also bring attention to the 2018 elections, magnifying the work being done by community organizations to turn out the vote!
First we MARCH, then we VOTE!
For their support, we thank the Kumeyaay people on whose land we march.
Senator Toni Atkins | Elder Nancy Nagle of the Santa Ysabel Kumeyaay Nation | Assemblymember Lorena Gonzalez-Fletcher | Skyler McCurine, MC | Congresswoman Susan Davis | Rabbi Laurie Coskey | Assemblymember Shirley Weber | Veronica May, Musician & Mental Health Activist | San Diego Women's Chorus | Vanessa McCullers, Moms of Black Boys United | Dawniel Carlock Stewart, SD Women's March President | Women's Drum Circle | The Resizters | Councilmember Barbara Bry | Councilmember Georgette Gomez | Aliza Amir, Sexual Violence Activist | Christy Littlemore & Culture Shock | Leah Goodwin | Monica Boyle, 2018 SD Women's March Organizer | Dr. Maria Nieto Senour | Dulce Garcia, DREAMer & Activist
TRANSPORTATION & PARKING
IMPORTANT: A coastal rail closure will be in place this coming weekend, January 20-21, to allow for needed infrastructure improvements along the railway. It is recommended that marchers consider one of the following transportation options:
1. SPRINTER: In addition to normal Saturday SPRINTER service, four additional trains will run: 8:03 a.m. and 9:03 a.m. departing westbound from Escondido Transit Center, and 9:03 a.m. and 10:03 a.m. departing eastbound from Oceanside Transit Center. Passengers on all SPRINTER trains must have the appropriate fare. One-way and round-trip tickets can be purchased at the station ticket vending machines, and day-passes can be purchased ahead of time via the North County Transit District mobile app, Compass Cloud.
2. PARK & RIDE: Park at SDCCU Stadium (formerly Qualcomm) and catch the trolley. MTS has 5,000 free parking spots and will boost service to every 7.5 minutes beginning at 8 a.m.! Also, the Compass Cloud mobile ticketing app is the fastest option to get Trolley passes in advance. Exit at the County Center/Little Italy Station. All Women’s March Trolley service info can be found here.
3. COASTER BUS SERVICE: Limited non-stop bus service will be available directly to the Old Town San Diego station from Oceanside Transit Center, Carlsbad Village, Carlsbad Poinsettia, Encinitas, Solana Beach, and Sorrento Valley stations. All buses will depart from each station at 8:00 a.m. In the afternoon, buses will depart Old Town San Diego station at the following times, based on the station destination: Sorrento Valley 2:30 p.m., Solana Beach 2:35 p.m., Encinitas 2:40 p.m., Carlsbad Poinsettia 2:45 p.m., Carlsbad Village 2:50 p.m., and Oceanside 2:50 p.m. Click here for more information.
4. CHARTER A BUS: email@example.com
5. HOP ON A RALLY BUS: As long as 30 or more people sign-up for a bus, it will run. Prices start at $30 round trip. Rally Bus organizes buses based on demand, so spread the word and help get those seats filled!
6. PARK AT SAN DIEGO HIGH SCHOOL 1405 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101. 150 Parking Spots, $10. Proceeds will support the high school's music program!
7. PARK DOWNTOWN: Search for and reserve parking in downtown San Diego.
8. LYFT: Existing Customers: 30% off to and from the Women's March San Diego with code WMSD2018. Maximum savings of $5 per ride. Discount applies to fare and Prime Time charges only. New Customers: $5 off with code HearOurVote.
IMPORTANT: March starts and ends in Waterfront Park.
N. Harbor Drive & Pacific Highway will be closed to traffic 8:00 am - 1:00 pm. Lyft/Uber/Chartered Bus Drop-off: Beech St. and Ash St. between Columbia & Front St.
If you prefer to stay in Waterfront Park, you will be treated to music provided by the Resisterz!
Women's March San Diego believes all marchers matter. If you are not able to march this Saturday due to disability, consider joining a virtual march at disabilitymarch2.com.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Rain or shine, hot or cold...we march! Please check the weather report and please be sure to dress appropriately.
We look forward to another peaceful and safe march this year! Women's March San Diego is working with multiple public safety organizations, who will be providing the maximum number of resources.
Afterwards, please consider marching over to Little Italy's Loading Dock, The Local Eatery and Drinking Hole, or Kettner Exchange. These fine establishments are donating a portion of their proceeds to Women's March San Diego!
Check back soon for more details!